main image

main image

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Review: Pumpkin Spice Oreos are surprisingly delectable




I have a confession to make: I’m a horrendously picky eater. Even at the burgeoning age of 26 years old, hearing words like “vegetable” or “soy” is guaranteed to send me running for the hills. It is for this reason that I was more than a little hesitant to try Nabisco’s new Autumn-themed Pumpkin Spice Oreos, complete with an orange-tinted crème and a giant picture of a pumpkin on the package. I know from past experience that I don’t like pumpkin pie, I don’t like pumpkin-flavored drinks, heck, I don’t even like pumpkin seeds. I now know one new thing however: Pumpkin Spice Oreos are the very first pumpkin-inspired food that I actually *do* like.

Now, to be fair, I’m not gullible enough to believe that there’s really any genuine pumpkin flavor in Pumpkin Spice Oreos (you’re not fooling me orange filling). However, I can say that these new Autumn-inspired treats have a flavor very much their own. The orange crème filling has a pleasant, unique taste with a very minor spice note that perfectly complements the two yellow Oreo cookie halves it is sandwiched between. It may not be the most visually appeasing color for Oreo crème filling but darned if it isn’t tasty.



As for the nutrition facts, a typical serving is two cookies which adds up to 150 calories. The uniquely flavorful taste of these limited-edition Oreos makes sticking to the recommended serving amount a tough prospect but it might help knowing that each serving also includes seven grams of fat, eighty milligrams of sodium, and twelve grams of sugar. Aside from a tiny bit (less than one gram) of protein and 2% of the daily recommended amount of iron, there’s not much else to keep snackers from feeling guilty about overindulging.



You can find Pumpkin Spice Oreos at most major retailers both in-store and online. I happened across them at my local Shaw’s Supermarket where they were on sale for $1.99 a package ($2.49 regular price). They may not be the healthiest snack you can munch on this Thanksgiving season, but if you’re looking for a delightful, picky-eater-approved pumpkin-themed treat to go along with your Thanksgiving Day football/parade watching, the new limited-run Pumpkin Spice Oreos won’t let you down.


Good While Watching: The Thanksgiving Day parade, Thanksgiving football, your favorite Thanksgiving movie/tv specials.

Good While Playing: The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler DLC add-on for Borderlands 2, Thanksgiving-themed updates and events in your favorite mobile and MMO games including Angry Birds, The Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, and many others.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment